How to make FASTag purchase and get recharge done online
FASTag is an easy-to-use tag which helps in facilitating the mechanization of toll booth payments, thus saving you from the hassles of waiting in line for paying the toll booth fees in cash. Now, you don’t have to get irritated by the person ahead of you or wait in long queues for the person to pay their toll charges.
How FASTag gets linked to Your Vehicle?
Below is a simple way on how you can get your FASTag linked to your vehicle
- Remove the adhesive liner that is present on the front face of your FASTag
- Now stick your FASTag at the top middle of your windshield from inside of your car
- Put it just below your rearview mirror
- Make sure that you don’t stick it to anyplace near your car’s default RFID
- If the adhesive glue isn’t that strong enough to hold, don’t use any tape, fevicol or other adhesives. Just go for a replacement instead.
- Once you have fixed it on your car, do not try to reposition it as can damage your RFID
How to make FASTag purchase?
As FASTag has become mandatory now, you should know how to make FASTag purchase or how to register for one. There are various ways to get a FASTag for yourself:
- The first way is that you can approach the Point of Sale (POS) counters that are available at various petrol pumps, toll plazas, or Regional Transport Offices (RTOs). Here you can easily get your FASTag account created.
- You will come across a few selective banks that offer you with FASTag facility with a minimum balance and deposit.
- You can even obtain FASTag from many of the online retailers.
It all depends on where you make your FASTag purchase from. You can either get it linked to your prepaid account wherein you will be charged regularly or get it linked to your personal bank account directly.
For getting your FASTag, you would require the below-mentioned documents:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport-sized photograph of the vehicle owner
- Relevant KYC documents of the owner including ID proof and address proof
For getting its recharge done is a very simple process, you can easily get your tag accounts recharged through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS or Net Banking.
How It Functions
Through its RFID innovation, automatic exchanges are empowered as you pass through the toll plaza, in this way sparing you time as you don't need to stand by in the midst of an ocean of vehicles. A reader is present at the toll plaza which can read your FASTag from 25 meters away.
What Are Its Benefits?
- Automatic deduction of cost charge as you pass the toll
- SMS notifications on your listed phone number for each transaction
- Can be recharged easily through the web
- Easily accessible through to online customer portal
- It's valid for 5 years
- It reduces time as well as the paper used for the charging of the slips.
So, now that you know how to make FASTag purchase, when are you making the switch?